Like good doctors after listening carefully to their patients, Rev. Jim Ozier and Rev. Gene Wisdom gave our church five prescriptions after Sunday's one worship service, and most worshipers stayed to receive them - a good sign. Like good patients who care about their health, there was a lot of nodding of heads that acknowledged yes, we need those prescriptions to become even healthier. The four-page report is free to all and posted on our website HERE.
Building on the momentum consistently expressed in the interviews and Saturday workshop, the five prescriptions are:
- (Next 2-3 months) Collaboratively drive a short, focused mission statement that captures our identity and purpose and becomes the baseline for all that we do.
- (Next 2-3 months) Collaboratively build greater intentionality and training into our hospitality.
- (In 4-9 months) Collaboratively create a Connections Team to develop and execute a strategic plan for reaching and engaging younger generations.
- (10-18 months) Collaboratively build a Faith Development Pathway for persons of all stages.
- (10-18 months) Develop a strategy for intentional leadership development, placement and accountability.
Town Hall meetings to hear questions and clarify with answers begin this Sunday at 9:45 a.m. in the Chapel with two more scheduled on Monday at 6 p.m. in the Gathering Area and at 5:30 p.m. during Wednesday Night Dinner.
A Church Conference (all members have vote) is scheduled for Sunday, January 28 at 12:15 p.m. All who are present have vote. We will vote these five prescriptions together either up or down. Based on the turn-out for the prescriptions last Sunday, I look forward to an above average gathering to vote on the Jan. 28 to get even healthier as a congregation for the sake of our high calling in Christ Jesus.
Thank you all so very much for your prayers and participation in God's work here.