Providing facility needs to our church family
“In Jesus Christ every one of God’s promises is a ‘Yes.’” (II Corinthians 1:20a)
On Sunday, May 3, 1998 FirstChurch gathered in a field. We erected a cross and dedicated our land and ourselves to our Lord’s work. Suddenly, without a cloud in the sky, there was a sign – a “blue sky” rainbow. It was God’s “Yes” on all that was and was to be.
Pursue the Promises is a capital campaign that will provide for significant and immediate facility needs of our church family. But even more, it will be a way to experience afresh and anew God’s affirmation of Christ’s ministry at FirstChurch.
Your pledge is a special act of generosity over and above your regular giving to FirstChurch. It's easy! Make your pledge by filling out the form below or download a pledge card HERE. You may give to the Pursue the Promises General Fund which meets our most immediate facility needs, or you may designate a specific need that provides for your area of interest. We will seek to honor the designation of every donor. However, if there is a crisis in a facility area or if a facility need is oversubscribed or substantially undersubscribed, the Trustees and Finance Committee will faithfully prioritize funds for the maximum benefit of our congregation.
We anticipate accomplishing our immediate goals, but even more, we rejoice in preparing for God’s future. We will celebrate the blessing of each improvement project as it is completed! Your pledge will lead to joyful praise as together we affirm that “In Jesus Christ every one of God’s promises is a ‘Yes.’” (II Corinthians 1:20a)
Pursue the Promises Online Pledge Card
- Assure comfortable worship, program and work spaces for our members and staff by proactively replacing aging Heating, Air Conditioning and Ventilation (HVAC) systems
- Save building operations costs with more efficient, modern and easy-to-adjust HVAC control systems and with modifications for improved air-flow management
- Create a safer, more secure environment for our members, children, and staff with upgraded building security and locking systems and with improved lighting, indoors and out
- Serve one another in times of fellowship, celebration, and grief with updated and expanded kitchen spaces
- Energize our Children and Youth program areas with updates to Sound and A/V systems and with new furnishings
- Offer beautiful, more useful spaces throughout our buildings with improved storage
- Streamline our office operations with more efficient, secure computing and IT systems
- Model responsible stewardship by building up our Building & Grounds maintenance funds and emergency reserves
UPGRADE & MAINTAIN:
Our Building and Grounds
REFRESH & RENEW:
For Our Next Season in Ministry
Why we are doing this:
- To position ourselves to listen for God’s plans and look to the future
- To take opportunity to trust God and express faith in God’s plan
- To share in the blessing as a community who works and sacrifices together
- To celebrate our progress each step of the way