Celebrating 170 Years
It all started when...
In 1847, before the Civil War had begun, when Texas had been a state for only 2 years, a small group of Christians took the bold step to place their faith on that strongest foundation by gathering in the Russell’s log cabin. In 1856 the class moved to the Spring Creek Schoolhouse, which they shared with the Baptists, Presbyterians and Disciples of Christ.
After three moves in 150 years, the Holy Spirit continued to work through FUMC Plano and the congregation grew until we were limited by our available space. We faced the next bold step.
In September of 1997, an unbelievable plot of land became available at Spring Creek and Parker and so the congregation voted to purchase 29.9 acres and begin the next chapter in the life of the church. In May of 1998, when holding the first worship service on the new land a rainbow appeared in a sunny blue sky.
This land of promise, our home for the past 15 years, is the land that God has called us to inhabit and to live out the plans that Christ has for us.
First United Methodist Church Plano.
The foundation has been set.
And we’re just getting started.
CHURCH-WIDE WORSHIP SERVICE
with an authentic Methodist Potluck lunch immediately following
Sunday, November 12, 2017, at 10:30 a.m.