Choose Your Project and Sign Up:
1. Assemble Meal bags for Send Hope /Kids Against Hunger – Help provide nourishing meals for the people along the Moskito Coast in Honduras. We will assemble 5000 meals in approximately 2 hours! Location is the church gym and is appropriate for all ages and physical abilities.
2. Help the Assistance Center of Collin County – The Assistance Center connects those in need with resources and provides direct assistance to the homeless through showers and hygiene kits. Help change out ceiling tiles, beautify the front of the building by planting flowers and assemble hygiene kits for the homeless. Location is the Assistance Center on 18th street in downtown Plano. Activity is appropriate for all ages. Some adults who can step on a ladder to change tiles will be needed.
3. Do a Random Act of Kindness by assembling and delivering cookie trays to area businesses – A lot of folks keep our community going by working on Sunday, with many of the jobs being low paying. Let them know they are appreciated by dropping off a cookie tray and saying thanks! Assembly of trays will be in the kitchen and then you will deliver trays to businesses you choose or we can suggest some.
4. Love Where You Live Home Projects (April 27 and 28) – Help those who can’t afford home repairs or do yard work. Homes have been identified through Plano’s Love Where You Live Program. The major work will take place on Saturday April 27th with leftover projects on Sunday the 28th. Work will be at the residents’ homes. This activity is appropriate for adults and teen youth with the ability to do light work.
5. Youth Choir and chaperones only – Sing to nursing home residents and bring cookies for their nurses Brighten the day of nursing home residents with joyous song! Visit Heritage Manor for lunch then Collinwood at 2 p.m. Before leaving the church stop by the kitchen to pick up cookie trays to deliver to the nurses’ stations.
6. (FULL) Give an Agape House a face lift – Agape House helps homeless women and children, many of whom have suffered domestic violence, achieve independence. Their houses are located in the East Plano area. Help beautify one by washing windows and weeding the garden. This activity is appropriate for all ages with the ability to do light work.
7. Assemble Stress Relief bags for teachers – Let area teachers know they are appreciated by assembling stress relief bags that contain snacks and inspirational messages. This activity will be in the gathering area and is appropriate for all ages and physical abilities.
8. BLOOD DRIVE – NO SIGNUP NEEDED! Give the gift of life by donating blood. Drive will be held in the chapel from 9-1. No sign up needed, just walk in.
9. Second Chance SPCA – Help a shelter in downtown Plano with projects around the shelter and love on animals! Must be 16 or older.
MISSIONS DONATION DRIVE!
PLEASE BRING ITEMS TO THE MISSIONS TABLE ON SUNDAYS, MARCH 24-APRIL 21
MEMORIAL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
New or gently used sweat pants, leggings, or any kind of bottoms sizes 5-12.
ASSISTANCE CENTER HYGIENE KITS – Travel sizes of sunscreen, bug spray and hand sanitizer
FOOD PANTRY – Non-perishable food of all types are needed for God’s Food Pantry